Alas, only a tiny piece of this gorgeous trail. August 2008 with nephew Daniel. Went something like this —
- Day 1: Met at SF airport. Drive eastward across CA over Yosemite pass. Unexpected side-trip in Yosemite. Gorgeous views all around, on descent to US 395 in eastern CA. Motel in Mammoth Lakes
- Day 2: Register, sign in, get bear vaults, bus to trailhead from ski area. On-trail by 2 PM or so. Nice campsite.
- Day 3: southward maybe 10 miles on JMT but Daniel not feeling well. Backtracked to junction of Ducks Pass.
- Day 4: Ducks pass down to civilization, bus rides back to car at Mammoth Lakes ski area.
- Day 5: Back to SF airport via Sonora pass
So, only a couple of days actually on the JMT. If that.